Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dream

A grey cloudy sky set before me, preventing any sunlight from seeping through. Far down the horizon I could see a marvelous display of sunrays which managed to penetrate through the thick clouds.

I exhaled. The icy cold air condensed my breath, forming a short small cloud that quickly dissipated. Hands tucked into my longcoat, I waited.

There she was, stepping down the bus. She didn't know I was here. Thousands of miles away from home. Just for one purpose. She had ruddy cheeks and her hair had been dyed a dark brown. I stood there, just admiring how beautiful she was.

I slipped out a box from one of my hands, maroon colored, snapped it open and eyed its contents. Sitting there was a diamond ring, on its' throne of velvet. Closing the lid, I replaced the tiny box back into my pocket.

Drawing in icy air, I gathered my composure.. "Well, it's now or never." And headed out. My boots clicked the sidewalk as I stepped onto it. My heart beat faster as I drew near, there she was, crossing the street. I judged at the point where we would meet, in my head, I imagined the event taking place. One knee soaked in ice cold slush, hand extended....

A grin formed on my face as I increased my pace. I knew, that though I have waited so long, walking faster wont make much of a difference.

She stepped onto the sidewalk, and I was just a few more steps away. When something happend. An outstretched arm from the pedestrians, and she held it. With a smile on her face. Worse, he drew her nearer to him, and they kissed. My world seemingly collapsed.

Then, i felt the comfort of my pillow.. sighing to myself, "Thank God that wasn't real.."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home