Sunday, November 26, 2006

Time

The smell of saltwater. The gentle and cool autumn breeze; the sound of rustling leaves. Into a park I walk with my trusty camera, my symbol of catching every event would resonate in my mind. One shot, two shots, my camera clicks. The ambiance caused by the falling leaves, the emotion of the scatter of sun rays that seep through the canopy of the shedding trees; a grin shapes in my face as I thought of how priceless the scenery was, picture perfect.

My model, handsome, diligent and not even a year old; crawled. My camera went into a chaotic whir as I took picture after picture, not stopping to view how the pictures turned out. No. I couldn't everything that he did; his curiosity locked me in a trance. I couldn't stop admiring the way he looked when a butterfly landed, on a blade of grass right before him. Wide eyed and a wider grin, filled with awe and happiness that even words aren't able to express the emotions which he felt. A hand raised, he reached out for the butterfly, my clicking never stopped. My hands worked meticulously, on the manual camera which I had, working on the zoom, the blur; everything had to be perfect.

Though his blue shirt was stained from crawling, I smiled as I picked him up. My time with him was priceless. He gave a hearty chuckle as he played with my baseball cap. I laughed. Slowly we walked out from the park. There were other places to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home